The Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery by Dr. Feiz
Dr. Feiz and Associates have produced consistently outstanding results while performing many types of weight loss surgeries at their facilities. The expert surgeon and his team will happily advise you as to what procedure is correct for your specific case.
To start, though, here are the main benefits of adjustable bands and gastric sleeve procedures. While patients should make their decision with great care, it is also important to be aware that procedures such as Lap Band revision surgery are available if initial procedures fail to produce the desired results.
Lap Band/Adjustable Band Benefits
- The biggest advantage, and the reason why it is often preferred, is that the procedure is completely reversible.
- There is no removal of any body part, including stomach and intestines.
- Recovery period is relatively short.
- Placing the band is a simple procedure that is fairly safe.
- Low possibility of complications.
- If you are not happy with the results, a band to sleeve gastrectomy operation is an extremely viable option.
Gastric Sleeve Benefits
- Widely regarded as an extremely reliable operation
- While removing 75-85% of the stomach, it allows for normal digestion. Thus, a full range of food – albeit in much smaller portions – may be consumed. So called "dumping syndrome" is not an issue.
- No foreign bodies are left in the body
- Is known to reduce the body's production of ghrelin, a hormone associated with feelings of hunger and excessive eating.
If you are considering a weight loss procedure and wondering about such issues as the relative benefits of Lap Band vs. sleeve procedures, the best thing to do is to contact Dr. Feiz's office. Regular free seminars are an outstanding first step to making a decision that really can lead to a far healthier and happier life.