How Do I Prepare Myself?
Lap Band Surgery is like other major surgeries in that you can best prepare by knowing the benefits and risks of surgery. Closely following your doctor’s instructions is extremely important. Here are a few tips!
Mentally prepare yourself:
- Understand the surgical process and what to expect afterwards.
- Keep in mind that you’ll never be able to eat the way you did before, and that you’ll have to watch the way you eat for the rest of your life.
- Talk to people who have had bariatric surgery. You can hear the stories of other patients in the Voices of Experience section.
Physically prepare yourself:
- We gain wait on the inside too – specifically the abdomen – leading to a “fatty liver”
- The same is true when it comes to losing weight – we lose weight inside as well.
- Prepare your liver by losing around 5-10 pounds prior to the surgery.
- This can often be achieved by replacing one meal a day with a low carbohydrate protein shake.
- Losing the “inside fat” can facilitate a faster surgery and may decrease postoperative pain.
CALL US TODAY TO GET STARTED
(877) 905 4554